My life has been a WHIRLWIND recently! The past few weeks have been a barrage of social activities, packing my house, getting ready to move…. and everything that comes with several big changes in my life! I am moving from Georgia back to Florida. It’s an exciting yet crazy busy time!! Needless to say, my lovely blog has been neglected a bit. I am still finding inspiration in the world around me, just not as much at the moment to share it with all of you. However, on this chilly Saturday morning, I will pass along a few nuggets.
Brisk weather makes me crave Hot Chocolate….
Homemade Peppermint Bark:
Finally able to wear Scarves and Jackets!!
Thinking ahead to Spring… with the Inspiration of Chanel Spring 2012 Collection: Bisouchic.com
Researching DIY Projects for Christmas Presents (Love PsImadethis!!!)
DIY Christmas Present Idea #2 (Perhaps for my older sister… she knows wine!)
Finally… Listening to Christmas Music!! I love Mannheim Steamroller for Christmas Music with a kick!
Carol of the Bells
Have a Wonderful Christmas Season Lovelies!!!! xxoo Jamie
January is a dreary, rainy, wet, cold, altogether miserable month. Not one of my Favorite months, that is a fact! Here are a few of the essentials that I am using to get through this month…
1. Booth’s Walnut Shell Body Scrub and Booth’s Shea Butter Cream Bath. As you know, I am a HUGE Booths fan! The Body Scrub smells divine and leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean. On chilly nights, I love soaking in a Hot Bath with my Cream Bath and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Yum, Yum!
2. Aveeno Baby Lotion. It sounds silly but this is the BEST winter lotion! Non-greasy and leaves my skin soft for hours. I use it on my heels at night, right before bed, and wake up to super soft tootsies!
3. Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel. I have crazy naturally curly red hair (Thanks Mom!!) and with the elevated humidity levels this month, my hair can get a little out of control. Thankfully, this Spray Gel keeps my hair curly NOT frizzy/fuzzy/frazzled.
4. Clinique Redness Solutions Relief Cream. I dab a little on in the morning before my makeup to keep my skin from being splotchy due to the cold weather. Life Saver!
5. Cover Girl’s Classic Color Blush in Rose Silk. I tend to look white, pasty and washed out in the winter. Therefore, I need a splash of color to keep me looking fresh and glowing. The key is just the right amount of blush. Not too much, not too little!
This time of year seems to send my skin into a panic frenzy. My skin is dry, flakey, itchy, dull, AND breaking out in pimples all at the same time! Its like it can’t decided what type of skin to be so it chooses to be ALL types. This is super frustrating because when I try treating the dry skin with extra moisturizer my pores tend to become clogged, causing even more breakouts!
Presently I am battling both problems with two tools that I swear by: Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizer and Clean and Clear Advantange Acne Spot Treatment.