I have come to the conclusion that I desperately NEED to try a new hairstyle…or several. My long, curly red hair is usually down and a wild mess, or up in a sloppy bun! I need to be more creative that than! Blame it on my snooze button or sheer laziness in the mornings.
I found several hairstyles that I think I could pull off without a lot of effort. Starting tomorrow of course…today its still my usual sloppy bun look.
Half up with curls:
With Multiple Headbands:
Artsy Braids and Curls:
Sexy, Sloppy Braid: (Images via Pinterest)
What Hairstyle should I try tomorrow???
For some unknown-to-me reason, the song “Brown Eyed Girl” have been running through my head for two days now!
Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow,
Playin’ a new game,
Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a thumpin’ and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.
Just makes me smile every time! Especially since I am a Brown Eyed Girl myself. With light skin, freckles and red hair, my dark chocolate-brown eyed seem to really POP out. Not the usual Hazel or Green eyes that redheads tend to have, I get compliments on my Brown eyes all the time.
I say: “Thanks! My Momma gave ‘em to me!”
Being a Brown-Eyed Red-Head I tend to lean toward the side of creativity and trying new things. Yesterday I decided to give the Top-Knot a whirl! Having been inspired by the Messy Summer Bun by Refinery29, I grabbed a hair elastic and some hairspray!
I have to say, I am sincerely pleased with the results:
January is a dreary, rainy, wet, cold, altogether miserable month. Not one of my Favorite months, that is a fact! Here are a few of the essentials that I am using to get through this month…
1. Booth’s Walnut Shell Body Scrub and Booth’s Shea Butter Cream Bath. As you know, I am a HUGE Booths fan! The Body Scrub smells divine and leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean. On chilly nights, I love soaking in a Hot Bath with my Cream Bath and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Yum, Yum!
2. Aveeno Baby Lotion. It sounds silly but this is the BEST winter lotion! Non-greasy and leaves my skin soft for hours. I use it on my heels at night, right before bed, and wake up to super soft tootsies!
3. Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel. I have crazy naturally curly red hair (Thanks Mom!!) and with the elevated humidity levels this month, my hair can get a little out of control. Thankfully, this Spray Gel keeps my hair curly NOT frizzy/fuzzy/frazzled.
4. Clinique Redness Solutions Relief Cream. I dab a little on in the morning before my makeup to keep my skin from being splotchy due to the cold weather. Life Saver!
5. Cover Girl’s Classic Color Blush in Rose Silk. I tend to look white, pasty and washed out in the winter. Therefore, I need a splash of color to keep me looking fresh and glowing. The key is just the right amount of blush. Not too much, not too little!