My Birthday was Ah-Mazing this year! I celebrated in a (Somewhat) New City with (Mostly) New-ish Friends at a Butterfly Lounge on Capitol Hill. We laughed, sipped wine and danced until we got blisters on our tootsies.
My Birthday outfit consisted of a little black dress, sequined silver stilettos and flaming red nail polish (with a silver glitter accent nail, OF COURSE!)
To recreate your own Fabulous Birthday Attire see below – Don’t forget to add a tasty beverage to the mix! (My signature drink is Pinot Grigio… I know, I know, very Ramona from RHWNY)
As a over-the-top Redhead, I tend to be drawn to other Redheads with High Power careers and Vivacious Attitudes.
My Redhead “Du Jour” is Taylor Tomasi-Hill, the Style and Accessories Director for US Marie Claire. Fashion wise, she often “mixes feminine pieces with boyish or edgier items“. It is also rumored that Tomasi-Hill is set to be the new Fashion Director for Barneys New York.
With her Flaming Red Hair and Trend-setting Fashion taste, Taylor Tomasi-Hill is a style icon to keep on our Fashion radars!
“I’m kind of a clothing chameleon. My style is something that’s always evolving.” ~ Taylor Tomasi-Hill
From a Refinery29 interview:
What are your five key wardrobe pieces, things you wear constantly?
1. “Burberry trench coats, a great classic staple for fall or spring.”
2. “Madewell destroyed boyfriend jeans, I dress them up with my YSL heels for the office, or down with sneakers for traveling.”
3. “Punkrose leopard print sneakers, my go-to for days when my feet can’t take anything over .5 inches.”
4. “Chanel bag, I just got a large 2.55 after years of lusting after it. This one is the perfect carryall. My other tiny Chanel bags were always exploding with all the stuff I would try to pack in them.”
5. “My Rick Owens leather jacket, I can mix it with anything for an edgier effect. They are so expensive, but I stay on their radar and email list to make sure I’m always there for the sales.”
For more photos on the lovely Ms. Tomasi-Hill check out The Fashion-Smoothie
WHO IS YOUR FASHION ICON???
As a redhead, I often have a hard time finding make-up and clothing colors that compliment my skin tone. My makeup has varied from super white-n-pasty foundation (Morgue Makeup as my mother called it!) to super orange tan bronzer… and everything in between. It has taken me a LONG time to figure out makeup that works for me.
Reader Maggy recently asked what kind of blush I use. Great Question!
For the past few years I have been using Cover Girl Classic Color Blush in Soft Mink.
It give me a soft rosy glow without looking too harsh and RED! I want to look like I just received a Great Kiss…. NOT like I just ran a marathon!
Too much blush:
During the summer, I use a blush based bronzer to get a little glow. I LOVE Zac & Zoe Summer Kissed Mineral Powder. It is Ah-Mazing! Perfect Sun kissed glow!
I did a little research and found another Redhead Friendly blush to try. Be sure and use a large blush brush to avoid streaking when applying blush, and wash it regularly to avoid bacteria causing breakouts!
Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Honey Blush